I am a Senior Accredited Counsellor and Psychotherapist offering counselling to clients in Bowburn, Durham.
I specialise in working with couples or individuals with relationship problems, having trained with Relate both as a Counsellor and Supervisor.
Click here for more about Relationship Counselling
CURRENT AVAILABLE APPOINTMENTS (Updated 05.12.23)
Monday 11th December 6.15pm, 7.30pm
Wednesday 13th December 6.15pm
Monday 18th December 6.15pm, 7.30pm
Wednesday 20th December 6.15pm, 7.30pm
I also offer counselling and psychotherapy for individuals experiencing a range of life issues and some of these are listed below:
- bereavement and loss
- generalised anxiety disorder
- low self-esteem
- family issues
- low confidence
- feelings of sadness
- work related stress
My aim is to listen to clients' stories and help them to find a way forward that feels right for them. I am not here to judge but to help clients find their own resources and work at their own pace. Click here to see more information about counselling About Counselling
If you are a couple in County Durham, Darlington or Chester le Street and considering relationship counselling, but not sure if it is right for you, it might be helpful to consider some of the following:
- are you constantly arguing with your partner over little things?
- are you and your partner finding it difficult to talk to each other about your relationship?
- do you feel that you are drifting apart?
- are you finding it difficult to regain trust following an affair?
- do you feel that you no longer have time for each other?
HOW CAN RELATIONSHIP COUNSELLING HELP?
Relationship counseling provides a confidential space where you can talk about your relationship with a trained counsellor who will be both respectful and objective.
When working with a couple, I aim to make sure that there is space and time for each of you to be heard.
As an outside observer, with over 30 years experience of offering paychotherapy to couples or individuals who are experiencing relationship difficulties, I will be able to provide some helpful feedback on your ways of relating.
Often the work will be about ways of improving communication to help you develop effective ways of talking together. This can help you both to understand each other better.
SOME OF THE ISSUES THAT I CAN SUPPORT YOU WITH:
- divorce and betrayals
- rebuilding trust following an affair
- managing anger and hurt
- deciding whether to stay in an unhappy relationship
- finding ways to talk about difficult issues
- understanding why the joy has gone out of your relationship
- sexual difficulties
Taking the first step
It can feel quite daunting to take that first step to begin counselling and it is important that you feel completely comfortable with me.
Couples or individuals looking for a psychotherapist in Durham, Darlington or Chester le Street are very welcome to contact me via e-mail or phone and we can have a short conversation prior to your thinking about booking a session.
Click here for contact details Contact details
Some comments from clients
- I truly believe that without Jo, my marriage would not have lasted
- We both felt that we were treated equally and that both our voices were heard throughout the process
- I know it's your job, but to me, you have a unique gift of listening and rationalising. I feel so much more at peace with myself and life in general
- I was able to trust you at a time when I felt at rock bottom and very vulnerable.
Bowburn is situated conveniently just off the Durham Services exit of rhe A1M with easy access to Darlington or Chester-le-Street for couples or individuals looking for counselling or psychotherapy.